About Me

My photo
Ilov Integrated Arts, LLC, is owned and operated by Cheryl Ilov, PT, GCFP. Cheryl integrates her knowledge of the science of physical therapy with her passion for the movement arts. She is a licensed physical therapist, Pilates instructor, Certified Feldenkrais® Practitioner, dancer and martial artist. It is her firm belief that many painful conditions, as well as stress and fatigue, can significantly improve through movement.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Celebrating Independence Day....


    The past few days people have asked me how I plan to celebrate Independence Day. I said I was going to ballet class in the morning, and I was going to clean my house in the afternoon. I was asked, "No picnics, cookouts, going to the mountains, or fireworks?"

    No. I didn't want to celebrate in the traditional way. I prefer to have some quiet time for myself, which happens to include taking a ballet class on the 4th of July when I have a ballet mistress who is willing to teach. I also like to have time to reflect on this date and what it means to me.

    The past few years I developed a fascination for the American Revolution and read many books on the subject. I love history, but not the kind where you memorize names, dates, places, etc. That's just boring. I like the kind of history where you get to know the people who made it and hear their personal stories. I love to learn how they became involved in the birth of a nation.

    Their stories are amazing and inspiring. I am overwhelmed when I think of what these men and women sacrificed and the risks they took to build this great country. They put their lives on the line so I can have the freedom to go to ballet class, on a picnic, to the mountains, or do anything else that I chose to do. Not just today, but every day of the year. As a first generation American, I sincerely believe that is well worth celebrating. Don't you?


Be healthy!
Cheryl Ilov, PT, GCFP

No comments:

Post a Comment