About Me

My photo
Ilov Integrated Arts, LLC, is owned and operated by Cheryl Ilov, PT, GCFP. Cheryl integrates her knowledge of the science of physical therapy with her passion for the movement arts. She is a licensed physical therapist, Pilates instructor, Certified Feldenkrais® Practitioner, dancer and martial artist. It is her firm belief that many painful conditions, as well as stress and fatigue, can significantly improve through movement.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Sunshine, solitude and AAA.

    Don't you just hate when things don't go as planned?

    Last week my car wouldn't start, leaving me stranded after ballet class on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. By the time I got in my car and realized it wouldn't start, the last dancer had already driven away. I was alone, and I was stuck. I called my husband on his cell phone. No answer. I tried the home phone. I got the answering machine. Frustrated, I tried starting the car again. Nothing. Oh, well, at least the radio worked.

    I listened to some music and noticed how blue and clear the sky was, and how nice that I was stranded right next to a park. I could see the high mountain peaks covered with snow, and I marveled at the contrast of the sunlight, blue sky, and blinding white snow capped mountains. Finally, I realized I was in a rare state of inactivity, so I came out of my reverie and called AAA. Well, at least someone was answering their phone. They told me a truck would come to my aid in less than one hour. Help was on the way, eventually.

    I was alone, I couldn't go anywhere, and I was stuck. Or was I? Once again, I noticed how beautiful the sky was. I listened to more music, and enjoyed the warmth of the sun on a cold, crisp day. I had a full half hour of sweet, uninterrupted solitude. I was  alone with my thoughts, my music, and a bright blue sky. I spent the time nurturing myself in quiet meditation, and hitting the refresh button on my personal computer, my nervous system. All of a sudden, I saw the world through new eyes. I was almost disappointed when AAA showed up.

    Don't you just love it when things don't go as planned?

Be healthy!
Cheryl Ilov, PT, GCFP







No comments:

Post a Comment